Social Media Intern
San Mateo County Pride Center
The first ever LGBTQ+ center in San Mateo County, the Pride Center combines direct mental health services with community building and educational programming.
The mission of ACS is to empower youth in our community to find their way through social-emotional support and by building safe, accepting communities.
ACS currently implements four core programs in Santa Clara and San Mateo County communities: the On-Campus Counseling Program, providing bilingual on-site individual and family counseling, crisis intervention, mental health education, and support at no cost to students/families attending nine middle and high schools; the Adolescent Substance Abuse Treatment Program, a State-certified outpatient facility providing treatment to teens and families struggling with drug and/or alcohol abuse, as well as community prevention education; the Community Counseling Program, providing outpatient mental health assessment, treatment and education for teens and their families in the general community and at local Boys and Girls Clubs of the Peninsula; and Outlet, serving Bay Area Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, and Questioning (LGBTQQ) teens and supportive allies with support group counseling, leadership training, and education in both Spanish and English.
We are seeking a creative and dependable Social Media Intern to assist the Marketing Department in engaging our online audience, emulating our agency’s voice and posting content that resonates with our supporters. This is an unpaid position of 5-10 hours per week (some hours can be onsite and others can be at home)
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage ACS’ social media profiles (Facebook, Linkedin, and Twitter), with special attention paid to current events, informative articles, or agency news that would be of use to our online followers
- Own social media content calendar and posting
- Engage our online audience, which includes donors, community partners, parents, teachers, therapists, and potential clients
- Serve as ACS and Outlet’s online “voice,” with clear understanding of our role in the community and our limitations as a 501(c)(3)
- Stay up to date on LGBTQ+ issues and the mental health field, and post when appropriately
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Sensitivity and familiarity with LGBTQ+ issues
- Social media experience (Hootsuite, Facebook, Linkedin, and Twitter)
- Strong written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be able to commit to at least 5 hours per week
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated with experience in writing and communications. The ideal person will be enthusiastic to take on new responsibilities, respectful to people of all cultures and backgrounds, and understand the importance of discretion.
Log in to sign up for this opportunity.