Transgender Law Center - Trans Immigrant Defense Effort (TIDE)
Trans Immigrant Defense Effort (TIDE)
Transgender Law Center
Transgender Law Center works to change law, policy, and attitudes so that all people can live safely, authentically, and free from discrimination regardless of their gender identity or expression.
TLC’s Trans Immigrant Defense Effort (TIDE) recruits and trains pro bono attorneys to meet the urgent need for legal services for transgender and gender nonconforming (TGNC) immigrants.
1. Provide TGNC immigrants with legal information and connect them to pro bono attorneys and legal service providers
2. Recruit a cadre of lawyers across the country willing to meet the critical need for culturally competent pro bono legal services for TGNC immigrants
3. Train pro bono attorneys to represent TGNC immigrants in all types of immigration relief;
4. Support and provide ongoing technical assistance to attorneys who take on pro bono cases of TGNC immigrants
5. Work with grassroots community partners to develop a community-led deportation defense model that places directly impacted community members at the center of their own defense and advocacy.
You do not have to be an experienced immigration attorney to assist in this effort. TLC will provide training, matching with clients, and technical assistance to prepare attorneys to provide culturally competent pro bono legal representation to TGNC immigrants on petitions for asylum, citizenship applications, and removal defense. Non-attorneys can volunteer by joining our Community Resistance Network.
To learn more about TLC, click here
To express interest in this opportunity, fill the form below