Openhouse: Friendly Visitors Program
Caring people are matched with LGBT older adults who may be isolated or interested in strengthening connections to community. Openhouse also links older adults with community resources.
A Caring Connections Friendly Visitor:
- cares about reaching across generations in our community
- is interested in making a difference in the lives of LGBT older adults by sharing a bit of their time and themselves
- is a good listener, patient, and kind
- is a person of any age who would enjoy the company of an older friend
- visits at least twice a month for about an hour or so to provide social connection and emotional support
- can commit to a year of service
- attends a volunteer orientation, ongoing training, and information on community resources
- engages in a monthly support group offered at Openhouse.
To be considered as a volunteer Friendly Visitor in our Caring Connections program, plan to attend a Friendly Visitor information night and complete a screening process. This process includes completion of an application, an interview, background and references checks, and an all-day training orientation.
Log in to sign up for this opportunity.